Tuesday, February 9, 2010

You can do it - Nothing is impossible

After the weekend marathon, coming to class on Tuesday was kind of daunting as well as a bit disappointing. I did not expect to feel disappointment in seeing the class half full - yes I mean the undergraduates. I learned so much and had so much fun with them during the weekend session that I felt that the class had only half its strength.

The ball game was very thought provoking just like every other exercise we have had in this class so far. I never realised how much power this simple sentence had - "You can do it. I definitely believe you can do it even better". This actually stimulated our brains to come up with better solutions while also reinforcing the fact that as a leader sometimes your job is just to encourage and motivate your colleagues. The Carlos video again taught us the basic clashes/differences we see in our daily life while dealing with multicultural people. Finally I have to mention about the article on Microsoft. This article shows how a company that redefined the IT world is suffering because of internal politics. It is very obvious from the article that if Microsoft continues this way, it will soon be spiralling towards doom. I previously attended a session with Martin Brauns - President & CEO of Interwoven and an SJSU alumni who stressed the importance of how politics can destroy a company. He actually symbolised politics as a minefield which curbs growth and made sure his company never had any internal politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment