Saturday, February 20, 2010

My thoughts on the CPQ

The CPQ was a little less disturbing than the GCI, and what I think I learned from both of the assessments is that I take the questions very literally, which led me to giving some very cautious answers. While that doesn't explain all the differences I see between the results and what I believe or was trying to express, it seemed to be a fairly common theme that I heard expressed by other classmates. There were some areas that did express my beliefs quite accurately, such as my feelings about the nature of humans, but this did seem to be fairly simple to assess. Some of the results seemed to be the opposite of my actual beliefs. A specific example of that was within the concept of time, where I scored very highly on the statement "Business and day-to-day decisions should be based on tradition and precedent" In fact, I think that the other two statements presented, which referred to both long-term future needs and intermediate needs should have been higher. I scored very low on both. So I'm really not sure how helpful this portion was.

What was helpful was seeing the results of someone who was not born in the same country that I was and comparing her results to mine. I think it was very helpful for her as well, as we tried to make sense of the differences. And enlightening for her to see how not all US born respondents think the same way.

I think you probably need to take about 5 of these assessments to understand how they work and to learn how they can be useful to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment