Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Eye of the Storm

Sunday's class was another thought provoking one. Even though we are not really in the eye of the storm, it was still fun to imagine how it would be for Aracruz stakeholder's. It helped me see the motivations and reasons behind the actions of each stakeholder and also realise that no one is the bad guy here. I also had so much fun doing the "acid sea". Again this exercise brings into perspective what happens when each local team approaches a particular goal on its own without respecting and taking into consideration the other involved teams. Another key take away is how typically leaders forget about the people following them and are more focused on goals.

The afternoon session was interesting for me as I had the opportunity of evaluating my peers. This made me realise things from an outsider/professors perspective. Had I been on those teams, I would have made the same mistakes as my peers. However, having a chance to look at them in a different angle reinforced the point that we have to be really observant in picking things up and putting them to action. This is because, in real life too we will not be having all necessary information handed out to us for developing a course of action. I would say that the only glitch during this class was late lunch :( .

No comments:

Post a Comment