Saturday, February 13, 2010

Feb. 9th

I was shocked when I took the GCI...

Being in HR I truly felt that I would rate fairly high on most of areas regarding building relationships, sustaining relationships, cultural diversity, etc. Surprisingly I only rated high in one area...so I know that I am not judgmental, however it seems that I do not emphasize relationship building. I just have to wonder if this is accurate and if it is, wow did I have a different outlook on myself :o) This was great for me to learn because now I am much more aware of my conversations at work.

The leadership team that I support is extremely culturally diverse. I believe that for the majority of my time supporting this group I have just assumed that they act and think (somewhat) like me...I definitely have a different opinion now and so much of the push back I have been receiving from them makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment