Sunday, February 14, 2010

Saturday's exercise

I was thinking about how smoothly we all worked together on the exercise outdoors that was part of Saturday's class, and comparing it to some of the first activities that we did in class. When we were tossing the "ball" in a circle to learn names, or later tossing an actual ball to speed up and beat the other team, we did not have the same level of trust and cooperation that we showed on Saturday. In those activities, and in the exercise crossing the "ocean" on paper plates, we learned to trust and rely on each other, to brainstorm and plan our actions, and then to follow whoever we determined would lead the activity. I really did feel like I didn't need to see exactly what was happening (I had someone tall in front of me) since I could hear the communication that was going on and trusted that my team would tell me when it was my turn to move.

1 comment:

  1. We all have really had the opportunity to get to know each other; what a privilege! Working with different people in so many activities has really built a team spirit in Bus297. I am honestly sad to see it go so quickly. At least we still have one more week left! :)

    ReplyDelete