Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Learning through examples/exercises

Like everyone else in the class, I was dreading the whole idea of spending the Saturday in class. However I'll take such an activity oriented class any day over idly sitting at home. The thing that I could really connect to is "Learning through examples/exercises".How does one teach someone the qualities of becoming a leader?Everyone knows that it is difficult to interact globally due to cultural differences, communication styles etc, but to actively see it through role plays, TV programs etc really drives the point home. Watching the TV program was like looking into the minds of our class. I am sure each one of us would have thought about the other as being spiral in talking or being aggressive in putting forth points, but now I feel we will view the situation in a different manner. The cards game brought us the reality of a situation where we might work together as a team but still be unaware of all necessary information leading to chaos and confusion.

The Sally Chang case was another exercise I enjoyed doing. This is typical of any company where parties involved may not even realize they are not communicating what they want to do. At the end of the exercise I really could appreciate what the professor meant by sitting back and analyzing our actions before deciding on the next course of plans. I really hope by the end of this course I learn a lot more and also make sure I apply this in day to day life

No comments:

Post a Comment