Tuesday, February 16, 2010

CPQ - Cultural Perspective Questionnaire

According to me, the Cultural Perspective Questionnaire( CPQ) scores seem valid. Although my scores were almost same as that of the Average scores for my country of birth (India), I was quite surprised when the values on individual dimensions were more close to the class group. Thus the scores made me feel that I am part of the group and I am probably in good state of mind to interact with people from other cultures.

My orientation on "Relation to Environment" and "Relationships among people" were higher when compared to the average scores for India. I feel great about doing my MBA in the Bay Area. Firstly, it offers immense opportunities for exposure to various cultures. Apparently, this has helped me learn new things on a daily basis. Interacting with classmates from various backgrounds has given me a clear rationale on the good and not so good practices associated with my culture.There has been an exponential growth in my learning curve and I can't wait to put them in to practice at work/day-to-day life.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your CPQ scores with me. Your scores were so right-on with your culture and consistent with the cultural open-mindedness I see in you. It has been a pleasure learning from you and yes, it is a shame we have but one class meeting to go.

    ReplyDelete