Saturday, February 27, 2010

Great class, Superb Prof and Wonderful Classmates..!

The day Prf. Osland told us about him, I was eagerly waiting to hear Joseph Stiglitz. It was so fascinating to sit in the same hall with a noble prize winner and listening to him. He analyzed the whole economic turmoil in a very easy to understand way with lots of examples. I was so delighted when one of my questions got selected and he answered it. I asked him about the "American Dream". This is a phrase that I have heard since my childhood, though I used to live in a very different part of the world. When I came here, some how after couple of years I also was living with that dream without even knowing. The whole consumerist environment somehow shadowed my values set out by my culture, which always teaches us to save and live within our means. After listening to Stiglitz, I was so amazed that an American is saying that this is not the right way and it should be changed. Hope we can all try to fix our own little economic problems by taking baby steps and this will eventually make a difference in larger picture.

This was my first time taking an off-campus class as I am an on-campus student for the MBA program. This course was a great experience for me as I got to meet professionals from different background and work with them. The demographics was a great mix which I though was perfect for a course in Global Leadership. I have learned a lot from the Professor's lecture, the fun games and simulations and also from my classmates. Thank you Prof. Osland and my dear classmates. Hope to see you in a different course sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment