Tuesday, February 23, 2010

CPQ and GCI - What do they tell us

The global competency index was not really surprising to me. I scored well on relationship management and self management while was mediocre in perception management. This is mainly because I do not ask too many questions and often go along with the status quo. I also realize that this is typically the case when I am unsure or not confidant about something. If it is something I am really passionate about, then I am way too curious :). I guess I need to balance the two.

The CPQ test had me wondering about the validity of the test. As someone mentioned, sometimes we might answer how we want to be and not how we are really. So will that make the test valid? I am not sure. From the results, I summarized that I am in between cultures. While my score matches considerably with my country's result, I also see that sometimes I vary be a large degree. Still these tests are fun to take and gives us an idea how we might be perceived by others.

No comments:

Post a Comment