Friday, February 19, 2010

Innovation Projects and Other Thoughts

Tuesday was a night that we all got to experience the ideas the groups had for providing an innovative solution to a problem that exists in today's environment. All the groups were well prepared and passionate about their ideas. I believe that even if the ideas never get fully implemented the awareness that came out of realizing the issues exist brought us to a place where I am quite confident we will all be more aware and participative in making the world a better place.

I was impressed with the level of questions that were introduced. This was a tough crowd:). That tells me that the class had a genuine interest in the subjects.

The guest speaker was great. The lecture and discussion was interesting to me. It is not fair but when you talk about innovation in the context of the lecture I would go to a place that thought the individuals involved were doing things for reasons that differ from reality. Social innovation and the desire to make money can co-exist! Helping people transition into the United States and follow there dream is a noble cause and seems to be gaining some traction.

Great class on Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that we all have gained interest in the subject because of the experiential learning that happens during every session in this course. I agree with you that these presentations have made us aware of the various global issues and how to tackle them.Overall it was a very informative session.

    ReplyDelete