Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tuesday 9th---Patriotic, Playful and Pristine

The class had three reading presentations and each one of them brought a different ambiance to the classroom. I totally enjoyed my presentation with Dianne playing with the baseball theme. It was a challenge for me as didn't know anything about baseball. I just knew the pitcher throws the ball and the hitter hits it. Though I am not such a sports fan, but I followed cricket. But being in a Global Leadership class one of the main lessons is to be willing to learn and show interest in something which isn't necessarily in your comfort zone. I took this as an opportunity to explore new grounds and I had a fabulous partner with me which made the journey even more exciting. Thanks Dianne. I think from this exercise, I not only was able to learn about the topic but also the notion of stepping outside of your territory and gain something new.

Also the class exercise was a fun way to learn about reading between the lines. You can never go wrong by giving an extra effort to do your homework before you start to communicate in a "not so known" environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment