Thursday, February 4, 2010

GCI - February 4, 2010

The Global Competencies Inventory scores seem to be really valid.The factors that it focuses to assess my  intercultural adaptability is quite convincing. Although my overall global competency index is high, I really need to work on Cosmopolitanism dimension. Before pursuing MBA as my career option, I never had a chance to develop interest in foreign cultures, current world and international events. I feel that I lack that quality and I need to really develop this dimension to be more effective when working in a multicultural environment. But my score on one dimension did surprise me.I have always felt that I had a clear vision of what I want from life, my capabilities, values and beliefs. Ironically, the test proved me wrong. So I will try to be more self aware and work towards developing that dimension too. But overall this assessment tool is a great learning experience. In a nut shell, I have to work on looking inward to develop self awareness and looking outward to improve global awareness.And yes, Kudos to whoever developed this assessment tool!

No comments:

Post a Comment