Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My CPQ and GCI scores

GCI:
I found my scores valid to a great extent in regard to relationship management and self management. I scored high in both of them. As I mentioned earlier, I have been living in the international house of SJSU for two years now and that enabled me to meet students from different countries of the world. It has always been easy for me to develop and maintain relationships with them. I was aware of the fact that they are different from my culture and I was able to successfully cope with that while at the same time maintaining my own values and beliefs.
I was so surprised with my score in perception management though. I scored really low on that even though I used to think that I am fairly flexible when confronted with cultural differences. I never thought about the possibility of drawing boundaries when it comes to cultural differences. So, I am really glad I took that test because it made me realize that what I think might not always be correct and maybe I need to stop and deeply think about how I react when confronted with different cultures. After taking this assessment I started to be more cautious and started observing how I react with my colleagues or classmates who are from a culture different than mine. I want to find the reason why I scored low cause I love dealing with people from different cultures and I am really interested to learn more about different countries as my dream is to travel around the world, of course when I get my degree, get a job and be rich ;)

CPQ
My scores seemed valid, most of them were close to the average for my country of birth. However, I was surprised to score very low on the nature of humans. This means that I perceive people as naturally bad. I don't think that this is true, I always treat people as if they are naturally good unless there is a specific situation that reveals the bad side of somebody who I have been dealing with.


No comments:

Post a Comment