Tuesday, February 9, 2010

GCI results....are they accurate?

I wasn't too surprised by my results from the GCI exercise. I have worked internationally for many years and made lots and lots of cultural mistakes in the beginning...I certainly appreciate that my collegues cut me a lot of slack in those early years. One amazing take-away from traveling, is how tuned in to American politics, culture and gossip, the rest of the world is. Most of us (sometimes me included) barely know who the King, Prime Minister, Governor, etc. are in other countries, and here the rest of the world can speak intelligently about our system of government. I try to make it a point to pay attention to the world section of the paper, on CNN or on the news.... there is so much more going on outside our borders.

So back to the GCI, I thought most of the readings seemed pretty accurate although I was a little surprised at the emotional resilience score. I scored lowest on this measurement and, although I thought I was pretty resilient, I must hold onto slights or challenging experiences more than I should or is productive....something to learn from.

No comments:

Post a Comment