Monday, February 15, 2010

CPQ

My CPQ scores were understandable and surprising. Overall, I could see how my scores related to how I interact with the environment, think, view others, and handle time. I'm basically at or just below the class average. My attitudes and views to the areas I mentioned are a bit different from those in my birth country, the Philippines, which makes sense since I grew up in the U.S. Honestly, my most surprising score was my individual-relationship one. I thought my responsibilities were connected more to my family than what my scored showed. While a couple of questions can't define how I connect with my family, my score was an eye-opener. I took a step back and thought about how I view my family.

Keeping with the family relationship theme, I work with a diverse group of people both in my job and in the MBA program. I highly value my family, so when working with others, I assume that their family is important to them also. Last week when I was scheduling presentations at work, I asked my co-worker what times in the day work for her, since she has kids. I then coordinated the late night schedule around her family time. I also ask her a few times a week how her family is doing. Another way I reach out with co-workers and classmates is with something we all have in common: community through food. My family spends a lot of our time eating. So when I met new people in class, for example, I suggested that we need to have dinner outside of class. I believe that eating together is a great way to get to know each other. Now all we have to do is find the time to do it!


3 comments:

  1. Food is a great way to connect with people!! I questioned some of the results from the CPQ survey as well. I think the answers to some of the questions can be skewed based on the situation. The results are interesting though and make you think!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the eating together idea, meals build bonds. Asking about family is good as well - makes us feel we are more than all the spreadsheets and PowerPoints!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dinner sounds great! My first class at Rose Orchard, and also my second-to-last one, I can't believe that I am not going to see you, again. You are a good leader and teamplayer. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete