Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Weekend Warriors

Urrr-ahhh, a full weekend of Globalization! I just completed a course in negotiations and found the Stakeholder Dialogue Exercise built on the various negotiation techniques I just learned. I found the negotiation portion of the exercise especially intriguing in that we all sought to find a common end goal and negotiated from that point; a technique that was emphasised in our negotiation course. Also, the exercise in which we mapped out the the Stakeholder Perspective form was especially helpful and ensured that we all came to the table a complete picture of the issues at hand. Having, knowing and understanding the "Other" perspective can only help parties come to a common ground and equally feasible solution for all. Overall, I have spent a many weekend over the years at Rose Orchard and by far this weekend was a perfect mix of lecture, activity and fun!

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't have said it better about the composition of the weekend. I bet Joyce throws GREAT parties

    ReplyDelete