Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Go Americans and GCI Results

I was a bit taken back by the 'Americans are the winners' article (the preso was great- it was the article I had issues with). While I do think it's important to have pride in your country and try to motivate everyone to be better, I think the 'Americans are winners' attitude has affected our relations with other countries and how the world views us. I'm not trying to get political, but I think when you are a global manager that kind of attitude would not be something you would try to promote.
On another note, at first I was surprised by my GCI score. However, once Prof Osland explained some of my lower score on relationship management it made more sense. I think these surveys are very useful and I'm looking forward to getting my CPQ results back. These surveys put your attitudes into an unbiased perspective which is easier to digest and therefore work on your behaviors.

1 comment:

  1. I thought the presentation was excellent as well. I enjoyed to hear about the proposed strategies that will bring America back to greatness. But what if America does not win the economic race or the most popular country award? Is that something to be ashamed of? I'm not really sure. I see a global leadership like a cycling peloton. The leader might change over time but the goal is that the entire team finish first. I am hoping whatever country takes the "lead" helps advance man-kind as a whole.

    ReplyDelete