Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Base ball was the theme of the calss!!

The highlight of the class for me were the presentations. All three topic of presentation were very interesting. I really liked the creative way the Basket ball case was presented. Baseball is all greek for me but they made that presentation very interesting and I could clearly see the link between base ball and marketing strategies used. We too did a presentation today. I think it went off pretty well.Hope the class liked it too:) The third presentation was also very interesting. Positive Deviance is a very interesting concept. I never thought of it before this class. But there are so many people around us who could be positive deviance. i think anybody who does things different than the norm and has positive, effective results is a positive deviance. In my previous organization we use to follow a strict procedures of approval from compliance, actuarial and technical departments which has been followed since the inception of our department. However, my manger saw some loopholes and came up with an alternative process to be more efficient and effective which was later approved by the department and followed. I guess he was a positive deviance:)

2 comments:

  1. My favorite baseball team is the NY Mets - anyone else have a favorite? If not a favorite baseball team, what is your favorite sport and the team you cheer for? I would be interested to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite sport is cricket and I cheer for India:) If India is not playing I usually cheer for whoever is the underdog:):)

    ReplyDelete