Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Weekend Bonanza

From acting as an X-ian woman to having Central American food, this weekend was a great journey around the world in 2 days. Wow...what a ride..! The most intriguing part was besides learning about different cultural traits, I have learned mostly about myself in these 2 days. I never knew I would act in such a way when a challenge came over me.

Regarding the card game, I thought it is really very tough to be in synergy when there are constraints and a delivery is to be made. Yes, I agree that is the best solution, but in our table we had to agree upon a rule, as it was a game, to continue playing. The goal was to play, and to be efficient we did what was necessary. This game certainly taught me that coordinating a task having multiple viewpoints is not that easy.

I was thinking about the Stakeholder dialogue. As our group entered the room with a global mindset, it was a smooth process. But what happens when this is not the case? How do we handle that? The Sally Chang Case was a good exercise to practice that.

Playing the role of an X-ian woman was really tough. It is hard not to answer when you are asked. I made couple of mistakes in the first half, but the second half went well. So it takes a little time and practice to get used to a culture. And also being an active listener and an keen observer lets us to capture the non-verbal cues, which is very important in a conversation. I could keep on writing about the weekend but I think I should make a stop and reflect.

No comments:

Post a Comment