Sunday, February 7, 2010

GCI

Overall my Global Competency Index (GCI) scores were accurate. I am aware of how I deal with stress, relationships, and other cultures. The challenges I've faced in the MBA program and at work have shown me how I handle these areas. I also think about how I can improve in all of those categories.

Honestly the lowest I scored in some areas surprised me, such as cosmopolitanism. I love learning about new cultures and would jump at the opportunity to travel abroad. I know I need to work on learning more about international events, but I definitely do not avoid anything non-U.S. I love food and I use that as a way to learn about other cultures.

Across the board I need to work on stress management and flexibility. I think things are a bigger deal than they seem. As my husband tells me, "Just chill out."


1 comment:

  1. Mine were somewhat surprising as well, because I have been to Germany and Italy, through a lot more of Mexico than just the resorts, and traveled through Canada as well. Hut I have always been a tourist, even when taking a bus across the country and I know that's not experiencing the culture the way that I would living and working there.

    ReplyDelete