Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The end of one cycle and begining of another

Today was the last day of the class, but before the class we had a great opportunity to hear The n prize winner Joseph Stiglitz. I was excited because it was the first time I was ever listening to any nobel prize winner plus he was an economist a subject of my interest. He spoke for over an hour and there was not one moment where I lost interest.He spoke about the the current economic crisis which is a hot topic of discussion these days. He very briefly covered the causes/reasons for this recession and gave us some solutions that can be implemented and how current efforts can be made more effective. The one thing that stuck in my mind was the concept of savings and lack of savings in t's world. Being from India, savings was a big part of my life...we are taught to save right from a very young age. But I noticed the difference when I moved to USA and I must say the environment here is too tempting to save money. This culture of spending more than your means has caught up in developing countries like India as well. Call it western influence or just a phenomenon of a growing economy. But listening to Joseph Stiglitz in a way reminded me of my asking me to always try d save some money and not live beyond my means:) I think he stated the facts (though they were a bit depressing) and I guess the first step to improve the situation is to accept that their is a problem.

Today's class was a short and we had 4 very innovative class presentation. This has been a great class. Of all the MBA classes I have attended so far, I have had the most fun in this class!!! like many of my class mates, I am going to miss attending this class :(

I hope to implement my learnings from this class in every aspect of my life; in the way I behave, the way I see things and my approach towards problems. I hope to continue this learning process even after this class.

Thank you Prof Joyce and thank you all for making this a wonderful experience ..It was a great pelasure working with you and hopefully we will all stay in touch :)



1 comment:

  1. One of the best things that I took from this class - aside from the phenomenal skills, theories, and themes we learned - was meeting people like you!

    ReplyDelete