Sunday, January 31, 2010

Wild Weekend

Kudos to all for making a daunting weekend, fast paced and fun. I had a sense of dread heading into the weekend. 2 days inside after working all week? What were we thinking? But it all worked out. Having the undergrad participate was a positive. They brought a fresh young perspective to the proceeding. I must admit my head is about to explode. Which team was I on? What was my role? When was the assignment due? What’s next? Waiting for lunch was like waiting for the airlines to announce when your delayed flight would FINALLY board…but who cares, if you have a laptop and connectivity, you can handle anything…Costa Rican style. Let’s cancel ALL our Tuesday classes and just meet one more long weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more about the marathon weekend session. I am ready for another weekend session in liue of Tuesday night class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had so much fun with the weekend classes that I was too afraid to admit it, 'cuz I have been too busy with work to remember life. I learnt a lot more by experiencing and talking with others through simulation, activities, debates, and discussion. Yes, I would love to attend another "marathon" weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have take a lot of weekend classes and this one was excellent! I really enjoyed all the exercises and role playing. It is really nice to be a social being on the weekend and not have to be tied so tightly into the text, lectures and taking notes. Active learning is a lot of fun and I really feel these sessions help me understand myself better.

    ReplyDelete