Saturday, January 30, 2010

Immersing into Cultural Aspect

It became clear after today's marathon session that understanding cultural dimension is a prerequisite to become effective global leader. I was intrigued by cultural influence on communication styles. The card game and video session drove the point home. I will be attending those conf calls and video conf with my international colleagues with a higher sensitivity for sure.

I also believe that today's learning regarding cultural sensitivity can be applied to organization culture. Especially, when one changes job and joins an organization that has a unique culture, your success depends heavily on your skills of cultural accommodation and then achieving cultural synergy. We learned in another class on Advance Management that majority of CEO who fail in their new assignment within first 18 months are due to not understanding their deliverables clearly. One may argue that the organization culture may be the underlying factor behind this high failure rate.

Lastly, I enjoyed the food and waiting for the surprise tomorrow at lunch time.

1 comment:

  1. The video was a beaut. I can now spot the different styles and suitably modify my style for maximum effectivenes.

    ReplyDelete