Friday, January 29, 2010

I actually attended the first class on Tuesday, still confused as to whether I wanted to take the course or not... But after sitting through the class I absolutely had to take this course.

While usually in other classes there is a little introduction and we get straight to the lecture, I really liked how the first class was so interactive and fun filled. I also like the fact that there is a lot of experiential learning which gives us the opportunity to meet and interact with new people. I also feel that rather than learning a whole lot of theory, we would learn a lot more if we actually participated in activities and met real world global leaders who can share their first hand experiences. This class also provides a lot of room for creative thinking with the innovation project, which is some thing I'm really looking forward to work on with my team.

As mentioned by my fellow classmates, the debate was quite an interesting task. It was a great way for us to change our mindsets and forced us to think against our pre-conceived opinions. I believe this is a quality all great leaders posses, to be open and understanding to new things and obviously fosters innovation.

I'm really looking forward to more of such fun and interactive classes and working with my awesome team.

2 comments:

  1. Hi P.D,
    Definitely the first class has increased my expectations about the course. I am looking forward to more of interesting/informative and interactive activities in the class which can provide experiential learning rather than the usual bookish way of learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi P.D.

    Yes. I think participation in the class is a must. I consider myself the most shy person in my team. You saw me answering the first three questions. “I remember when I do it” said, Dr. Osland. So, I am trying to step up and participate more.

    ReplyDelete