Friday, January 29, 2010

Reflections......

I thought the approach Joyce presented was very interesting. It's one thing to read the materiel and discuss it, but I really enjoyed the opportunity to defend a position (even if it was a view opposite of my own). I believe that you gain credibility in an argument if you can view it from the opposite side of the table and still be able to, respectfully, defend your position. Our "con" team really had a lot of great input too. I am still a pro globalization, but can respect the sacrifces that will made to achieve it. I'm looking forward to the class, still think the work load will be daunting, but if it was easy, anyone could do it!

see y'all for some quality time this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you, it was quite an interesting twist in the debate. I believe that being able to think from all points of view is one thing that makes a great leader, and that's what we are all here to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Colleen,

    I couldn’t commit to pro or cons side but I was put in the pro team. The debate gave me a lot of food for thought. Both teams showed strong arguments why globalization is good and bad at the same time.
    Like Nitin said, the globalization is here to stay. So, I’m hoping that current and about-to-be-one global managers understand that there are always two sides to a coin.

    ReplyDelete